Saturday, November 5, 2011

Notes from Roy's Talk

I wasn't present during the video conference, but I went home and saw the video and took notes on what Roy said. The important highlights I personally got from it were that:
  • Multi-tasking is a myth: 
    •  I instantly remembered this concept when Dr. Preston questioned it to us during sophomore year. I thought that multi-tasking is probable because I always see my mom making food and talking on the phone at the same. I realized that this isn't possible because what we do comes down to the same purpose if we analyze it. 
  • "Program or Be Programmed": 
    •  We, as the new generation, have the choice to choose whether or not to take advantage of technology. We can use it to it's maximum potential and benefit the society, or just use it for our desires and pleasures and eventually define it as the source of destruction of our society.
  • Older Generations/Younger Generations: 
    • During the conference, Roy said that older generations are dependent on younger generations to handle the complex/complicated use of technology. We, as the younger generation, aren't aware as much adults anticipate. We are in the progress of learning just like everyone else. Therefore, both generations should cooperate in discovering the mysteries of technology.  

No comments:

Post a Comment