Thursday, February 16, 2012

AP Lit Essay Opinion

Yesterday, we took the micro-AP Part 1 where there were three essay questions we had to respond to each one in 15 minutes. What made this difficult for me was the time management. I took too much time thinking which book to write about to get the most out of it. I didn't expect each of the questions to be so similar to one another. They all had to deal with how the authors use this technique/format to get the meaning across this book to the readers. I learned that even though the questions asked are simple are direct, they require critical thinking and analysis to add depth. Surprisingly, I work well under pressure...when I'm by myself. When others are around, I constantly think about what would my peers think about me if I do this or that. This experience I had yesterday, will help me improve my performance in the actual test by having a feel of what it's going to be like during the real "deal" and help to which parts to focus. I learned that my weaknesses were not knowing which book to choose for the questions directly and manage time to complete the essay on time.   

No comments:

Post a Comment